This week was our last week of work 😦 However, we still managed to get A LOT done! Here are a few highlights:
- Planted butterfly bushes around the playground
- Picked up trash and watered the plants around College Woods
- Hiked to the Summit with the entire crew
- Primed and painted the benches along Livingston Street
- Painted one of the doors to the ranger station
- Canoed along the Mill River
- Toured the Trowbridge Environmental Center
- Created posters and prepared for our End of Summer Celebration
- Celebrated together with hibachi at Kumo in New Haven!
Great job fixing up the 4 benches on Livingston Street!
On our last day of work, not only did we prepare for our celebration, but we also got to go CANOEING…
…and play with snakes
…and other critters
And now, we celebrate all of our accomplishments this summer!
And then, FERP treated us to Kumo Hibachi…What an exciting way to wrap up the summer!!
Huge thank yous to Ranger Dan and David Shimchick for their ongoing support this summer!
Many thanks to Chipotle Mexican Grill for their generous donation!
Thank you Kadene, Marquis, Gary, Taylor, Vivian and Shainah for interning with FERP this summer! You all ROCK!
Thanks to our supervisor Sara for her dedication and hard work!
Thank you to all of the volunteers who came out on the work nights!
And a special thank you to Susan Holahan for her continued support of East Rock Park over the years.
Thanks for reading and supporting FERP! Enjoy the rest of your summer!